By: Sharon Aron Baron
Individuals and families needing help with free tax preparation this year may be able to find it thanks to a federal program created over 40 years ago.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) in collaboration with the City of Tamarac will provide 14 permanent tax sites at local nonprofits and at 20+ mobile tax sites at partner locations throughout Broward where trained IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers will assist individuals in English, Spanish, French and Creole.
Individuals without children and working families who earned $54,000 or less in 2015, could save up to $150 with free tax preparation services. In addition to working families and individuals, this free tax preparation assistance is also available for persons with disabilities, veterans, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers.
Tax preparers will also determine an individual’s eligibility for special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly and education credits to maximize tax payer returns.
For a listing of VITA sites and times visit their website here VitaTaxesFree.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments