By: Sharon Aron Baron
Individuals and families needing help with free tax preparation this year may be able to find it thanks to a federal program created over 40 years ago.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) in collaboration with the City of Tamarac will provide 14 permanent tax sites at local nonprofits and at 20+ mobile tax sites at partner locations throughout Broward where trained IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers will assist individuals in English, Spanish, French and Creole.
Individuals without children and working families who earned $54,000 or less in 2015, could save up to $150 with free tax preparation services. In addition to working families and individuals, this free tax preparation assistance is also available for persons with disabilities, veterans, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers.
Tax preparers will also determine an individual’s eligibility for special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly and education credits to maximize tax payer returns.
For a listing of VITA sites and times visit their website here VitaTaxesFree.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.07BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in Tamarac
- News2023.02.06Tragic Murder Mystery Solved: Two Suspects Arrested for Killing of Tamarac Resident
- News2023.02.06Apply Now for $1,200 Scholarships Offered to Florida College Students
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today