By: Sharon Aron Baron
Individuals and families needing help with free tax preparation this year may be able to find it thanks to a federal program created over 40 years ago.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) in collaboration with the City of Tamarac will provide 14 permanent tax sites at local nonprofits and at 20+ mobile tax sites at partner locations throughout Broward where trained IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers will assist individuals in English, Spanish, French and Creole.
Individuals without children and working families who earned $54,000 or less in 2015, could save up to $150 with free tax preparation services. In addition to working families and individuals, this free tax preparation assistance is also available for persons with disabilities, veterans, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers.
Tax preparers will also determine an individual’s eligibility for special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly and education credits to maximize tax payer returns.
For a listing of VITA sites and times visit their website here VitaTaxesFree.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family