By Agrippina Fadel
Caporella Park is ready to invite the residents back after an extensive renovation and construction — just in time for the cooler months.
Held on Saturday, October 28, from 1 to 3 p.m., the Grand Re-Opening ribbon-cutting ceremony is open to the public, with city commissioners and staff in attendance.
The park’s new amenities include a splash pad, shaded fitness area and playground, and a beautiful amphitheater, said Melissa Petron, Assistant Director of the Parks and Recreation Department.
“Following the ribbon cutting, we are thrilled to kick off our Fall-O-Ween Celebration. We invite the community to engage in our fall-themed, family-friendly arts and crafts activities, watch a magic show, discover delicious bites from our food vendors, and dance to the music as we celebrate the season,” she added.
The extensive upgrade of the nine-acre park was approved in 2021. The design also included native landscaping, a six-foot multi-use path, a new building to house the restrooms, and a concession stand.
Caporella Park is located at 5200 Prospect Rd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo