Hours after a man snatched a woman’s purse from a grocery store parking lot, he took her credit cards for a shopping spree.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are looking for a man who grabbed a woman’s purse from her arm in the parking lot of a North Lauderdale grocery storearound 8 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Publix at 1291 S. State Road 7.
After a 71-year-old woman had just finished loading her groceries into the trunk of her car, she heard footsteps approaching her, and before she could turn around, a man ran past and grabbed her purse. She screamed as the suspect continued running. Witnesses said he was about 5-foot-10 with a slim build. He was wearing black jeans, a black shirt and a black jacket. He appeared to be in his mid-to-late 20s with a beard and a short Afro.
Surveillance video caught the suspect later that day at the Super Walmart at 2300 W. Atlantic Avenue, Pompano Beach. He used the victim’s stolen credit card to buy two laptop computers. The video shows his vehicle, which comes into view at the bottom of the screen and then drives up a lane in the parking lot and backs into a space, as well as a shot of the suspect walking out of the Walmart. In the video, he’s wearing a white T-shirt and has a beard. He also used the credit cards at a Ft. Lauderdale gas station and a Miami K-Mart.
Anyone who recognizes this suspect can contact BSO robbery detective Cody Gill at (954) 321-4270 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online atwww.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.25Register for Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.24Detectives Search for a Missing Tamarac Teen
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out