Hours after a man snatched a woman’s purse from a grocery store parking lot, he took her credit cards for a shopping spree.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are looking for a man who grabbed a woman’s purse from her arm in the parking lot of a North Lauderdale grocery storearound 8 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Publix at 1291 S. State Road 7.
After a 71-year-old woman had just finished loading her groceries into the trunk of her car, she heard footsteps approaching her, and before she could turn around, a man ran past and grabbed her purse. She screamed as the suspect continued running. Witnesses said he was about 5-foot-10 with a slim build. He was wearing black jeans, a black shirt and a black jacket. He appeared to be in his mid-to-late 20s with a beard and a short Afro.
Surveillance video caught the suspect later that day at the Super Walmart at 2300 W. Atlantic Avenue, Pompano Beach. He used the victim’s stolen credit card to buy two laptop computers. The video shows his vehicle, which comes into view at the bottom of the screen and then drives up a lane in the parking lot and backs into a space, as well as a shot of the suspect walking out of the Walmart. In the video, he’s wearing a white T-shirt and has a beard. He also used the credit cards at a Ft. Lauderdale gas station and a Miami K-Mart.
Anyone who recognizes this suspect can contact BSO robbery detective Cody Gill at (954) 321-4270 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online atwww.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home
- News2020.02.17Broward Sheriff’s Office Holding Open House for Interested Job Applicants Feb 22
- News2020.02.15Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 22