By Sharon Aron Baron
Home-based businesses are now eligible to apply for Broward County CARES Act small business assistance.
Funded through the Federal CARES Act, these programs are made possible by the Broward County Commission and do not need to be paid back.
The Office of Economic and Small Business Development encourages small businesses and non-profit organizations to apply for the CARES Act grants.
Renters who’ve been affected by COVID-19 are also encouraged to apply for assistance. For qualifying residents, rental assistance will be paid at 75 percent of the first four months of past due rent. For months 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of rental assistance, payment will be 60% of past-due rent.
The small business and non-profit programs will continue to award grants in $5,000, $10,000, and $15,000 increments.
Remember, the grants can only be used for costs incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are designed to aid small businesses with 20 employees or less and non-profits with 25 employees or less.
Both programs are made possible by the Broward County Commission, with funding from the federal CARES Act. The CARES Act enables local governments to allocate emergency funding to residents and business owners who face pressing financial needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The deadline to apply for the CARES Act business and rental assistance programs has been extended through December 9 at 11:59 p.m.
Visit Broward.org/Cares for eligibility, application requirements, and to apply for rental, small business, or non-profit assistance.
Home-based businesses that have previously applied do not need to apply again. For questions, call 954-831-2380.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family