I cleaned all my junk mail off my cluttered desk tonight when I came across this interesting brochure that caught my eye. Usually, I would have chucked this travel brochure from American Express in the garbage. However, something is intriguing about a special deal on the Costa Concordia, which is now lying on its side off the West coast of Italy.
In what was to become a tragic event on January 13th, disaster struck when the Concordia captain deviated from his planned route creating a huge gash that capsized the ship.
Just a few months ago, maybe someone just like me was looking at a brochure much like this. The rates were fantastic, and the itinerary unbeatable, including sailing to countries like Italy, France, and Spain.
“Cruising Italian Style,” says the brochure.
I now have to wonder if “Italian Style” means “Every man for himself.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale