I was cleaning all my junk mail off my cluttered desk tonight when I came across this interesting brochure that caught my eye. Usually, I would have chucked this travel brochure from American Express in the garbage, however, there is something intriguing about a special deal on the Costa Concordia which is now lying on its side off the West coast of Italy.
In what was to become a tragic event on January 13th disaster struck when the captain of the Concordia deviated from his planned route creating a huge gash that capsized the ship.
Just a few months ago, maybe someone just like me was looking at a brochure much like this. The rates were fantastic and the itinerary unbeatable including sailing to countries like Italy, France and Spain.
“Cruising Italian Style” says the brochure.
I now have to wonder if “Italian Style” means “Every man for himself.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes
- Crime & Safety2020.02.23Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through February 18
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home