By Agrippina Fadel
The City of Tamarac celebrates Independence Day with a pool party, free concert, and choreographed fireworks.
The Patriotic Splash Swim Party on Monday, July 4, is held from noon to 4 p.m. at the Caporella Aquatic Complex. Residents can enjoy a fun-filled day poolside with Fourth of July-themed crafts, games, a DJ, and a surprise visit from a superhero character. Admission is $5, and the concession stand will be open with snacks and drinks for purchase.
There is just enough time after the pool party to go home, change, and grab the lawn chairs and blankets before heading to the city’s free All-American Celebration, held from 6 to 9:30 p.m., at the Tamarac Sports Complex.
The event includes a kids’ area with inflatables, face painting, arts and crafts, and outdoor games. Cachet Band is playing a free concert followed by the impressively choreographed fireworks display promptly at 9 p.m.
Festivities include an appearance by Uncle Sam and Betsy Ross and food truck vendors serving tasty treats and cool drinks.
For the safety of all event guests, prohibited items upon entry include personal fireworks, sparklers, tents, large bags, grills, alcohol, glass bottles, and pets.
Parking for the event is limited. A free shuttle service will transport attendees to the event from Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Ave., and Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W Commercial Blvd.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.21Woodlands Showdown: City Commission to Decide Golf Course’s Future Amid Community Debate
- News2023.03.21Ticket Alert: The Company Men Bring a Night of Hits to the Kings Point Palace
- News2023.03.21Sunday Matinee at Kings Point Palace: JayCee Driesen Sings Show Tunes and Classic Standards
- News2023.03.21Get Ready for Summer Fun: Camp Tamarac is Now Open for Resident Registration