By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to several anonymous tips, the teen that snatched an iPad from the hands of a 4 year-old has been identified leading to his arrest.
Aaron Sapp, 16, of Lauderhill is now facing one count of strong-arm robbery, a felony, and one count of violation of probation after several tipsters reported his name to Crime Stoppers, Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives discovered he was on probation and located him through his probation officer. When detectives, along with Sapp’s mother, went to his home Aug. 10, Sapp tried to run, but he was quickly taken into custody.
On July 24 the robbery occurred inside the Grace Salon in Tamarac. The victim was watching cartoons on the tablet as he waited for his mom. Sapp is seen on surveillance video pacing back and forth outside. Then he opened the front door and asked an employee if his mother was there. When the employee turned her head away to look, the teen snatched the iPad from the child’s hands and ran. The 4-year-old victim, whose mother works at the salon, was not injured.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament