By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Democratic Chair and lobbyist Mitch Ceasar has just announced that he has filed to run for the office of Clerk of the Courts on Monday morning.
I’ve reached the point where my kids are older and I want to give back to the community. He said that he’s taking a leave from his County DEC Chair position during the primary but not from his two national DNC positions he holds.
Ceasar joins four other Democrats in the race: Brenda Foreman, Elizabeth McHugh, Shandrell Latrice Roscoe and Rubin Young, however, he has the biggest name recognition out of all of them.
Ceasar is best known in Broward County as being the head of the Democratic Executive Committee for 18 years. “I am proud of the Democratic Party in Broward County that has accumulated an impressive list of accomplishments while I have been Chair thanks to the hard work of literally thousands of motivated volunteers on behalf of Democratic candidates and Democratic values.”
As a practicing attorney since 1980, Mitch Ceasar has handled both civil and criminal cases. Periodically, he has also been asked to advocate for public needs on behalf of cities.
Ceasar believes that his strong relationships with our elected Judges, working legal community, and Broward’s many communities has provided him with valuable insight on both the demands and the potential of and for our county’s Clerk of Courts office. That is why before making a decision to become a candidate, he spoke with some of Florida’s County Court Clerks to more fully understand the challenges facing Broward’s Clerk’s office.
“I am excited to begin my campaign for Broward Clerk of Courts because I know that by working together we can make Broward and the Clerk’s office a national showcase.”
Ceasar also sits on the Board of the Director JCC in Plantation and he just stepped down from the Nova Law School Board of Governors last year.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County