By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella and Coral Springs High School’s cross country team have always been two of the most successful teams in Broward County and started their season out strong in their first meet at the Park Vista XC Invite 2022.
Coral Springs High School
The Coral Springs High School boys team placed 12th with 25 schools competing and had five runners finish in the top 100. The Colts were led by Jeffrey Belizaire, who had a time of 17:13.5. Kensey Frederic came in 29th, followed by Ashton Piersol, Lucas Penaloza Leighton Peart, Dimitri Thomas, Matthew Thuo, and Matthew Campbell.
The girl’s team finished 17th and had three runners in the top 100, with Angelica Macarulay finishing 42nd with a time of 22:46.6, followed by Brianna Williams at 23:13.3 and Lea Ramnarace at 24:09.5. Gabrielle Gentilhomme and Bergybr Darang also ran well for the Colts.
“It was a great first meet to start the season,” said Head Coach Brantley Barr. “We had 14 of 16 racers with personal records, many of them by quite a bit. I’m really excited to see these kids improve and make their mark later this year in the postseason.”
J.P. Taravella boys team also ran and came in 19th place. Their top time came from Marcos Noriega at 20:13.4. Luis Fernandez was the second Trojan to finish, followed by Luis Guitierrez, Akeem Beckford, Jalen Amoa, Giovanni Sincore, Jace Johnson, and Jonathan Paret.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent