By: Matt Rothman
Before the game, Justin Rivera, Tony Sanders, Dalton Juden, Hunter Zeltner, Matthew Zeff, Colby Lipovsky, and Luis Rodriguez were all honored as the seniors were a big part all season as well as Thursday night’s win.
“Tonight is about honoring these seven seniors and their families as their high school baseball careers are coming to an end next month,” Head Coach Joe Giummule said. “I want to thank all the seniors and their families for representing Taravella High School and the baseball program with Trojan pride.”
Zeff made the start before Lipovsky came in and struck out six in two innings on the mound. Juden recorded the three outs as well.
Offensively, Rivera and Rodriguez combined to drive in six runs. Zeltner and Matt Rubin each drove in two while Lipovsky, Vincent Samuel, Zeff, and Tony Sanders had RBI’s.
Up next, The Trojans will play the winner of the Coral Glades and Piper High School on Tuesday, April 27 at 7 p.m. in the District semifinals.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023J.P. Taravella Girls Volleyball Off to Best Start in 11 Years
- NewsSeptember 12, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Javi Miranda Commits to Join 3 Former Teammates in College
- NewsSeptember 6, 2023J.P. Taravella Boys Cross Country Finish 5th in Opening Race
- NewsAugust 17, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Anthony Quigley Plays in Baseball Factory All-American Game