By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella baseball team is officially heading into the playoffs as the number one seed.
The Trojans continued their remarkable season with an impressive win over South Plantation High School. JPT won 9-0 and received four quality innings from Chris Scinta. Head Coach Joe Giummule turned to Dalton Juden, Colby Lipovsky, and Ryan Meekins to complete the shutout.
Offensively, freshman E.J. Burns drove in a game-high four runs with a pair of hits. Julian Garcia, Lipovsky, Edgar Marquez, and Ronald Martinez drove in runs in the win. Both Tony Sanders and Vincent Samuel had doubles, while Jassiel Valbuena scored a pair of runs.
“It was nice to secure the number one seed based on our record and strength of schedule,” Coach Giummule said. “We are taking this week’s games to fine-tune the little things.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2021.09.23Mid-Season High School Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.16J.P Taravella Boys Cross Country Team Continue to Improve Early in Season
- News2021.09.03J.P. Taravella Football Hosts First Game on their Home Field
- News2021.09.03Former J.P. Taravella Pitcher Logan Plasencia Commits to SEC Powerhouse