By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella baseball team is officially heading into the playoffs as the number one seed.
The Trojans continued their remarkable season with an impressive win over South Plantation High School. JPT won 9-0 and received four quality innings from Chris Scinta. Head Coach Joe Giummule turned to Dalton Juden, Colby Lipovsky, and Ryan Meekins to complete the shutout.
Offensively, freshman E.J. Burns drove in a game-high four runs with a pair of hits. Julian Garcia, Lipovsky, Edgar Marquez, and Ronald Martinez drove in runs in the win. Both Tony Sanders and Vincent Samuel had doubles, while Jassiel Valbuena scored a pair of runs.
“It was nice to secure the number one seed based on our record and strength of schedule,” Coach Giummule said. “We are taking this week’s games to fine-tune the little things.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent
- NewsNovember 8, 2023J.P. Taravella Cross Country Impresses in Regionals; Soccer Teams Begin Season