By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
It’s time to don your apron, grab your whisk, and head to the Mother’s Day “Bake It on Wheels” event hosted by Tamarac Parks and Recreation.
Registered participants can hop aboard the Bake It On Wheels bus on Saturday, May 8, at the Tamarac Park from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to enjoy a unique baking experience to share with mom.
The event divides into two batches, aptly titled Littles and Bigs.
The Littles group provides children ages 5 to 8 years with two 30-minute cookie bouquet projects from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and another from 11:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
The Bigs group provides children ages 9 to 12 years with two 45-minute two-tier cake decorating sessions from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Tamarac city spokesperson Eunicia Baker stated no new participants would be added on the day of the event; therefore, parents are asked to make sure each parent registers their child in the appropriate age group.
The event is by registration only and will automatically close once all the tickets sell. Tickets are $15, which covers the cost for one child and one parent, with limited spaces available to a maximum of 14 persons on the bus for each session.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, masks are required at the event.
Tamarac Park is located at 7501 N University Drive, Tamarac.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- NewsMay 11, 2022Get Roped Into Attending Tamarac’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- NewsAugust 2, 2021Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- NewsJuly 28, 2021Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- NewsJuly 22, 2021Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7