By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella boys cross country continue to improve as the season progresses, finishing in fourth place for the second time this year.
The Trojans raced at Mills Pond Park in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday afternoon against St. Thomas Aquinas, Dillard, Fort Lauderdale, Coconut Creek, and South Plantation High School.
Tanaris Jean Pierre had the best result finishing eighth overall with a time of 19:10.
Tyler James was the second JPT racer to finish at 20:10, followed by Marcos Noriega at 21:43. Luis Gutierrez and Jaylen Amos completed the race fourth and fifth, respectively, for the Trojans, with Gutierrez at 22.43 and Amos at 23.56.
Coach Arnold says his boys have started off the season where most of them left off last year. His top three seniors are poised to make a lot of noise this year, with two of them running their best times ever.
“The goal this year is to bring as many of the boys to states, and it starts right now going meet by meet trusting the process,” said Coach Arnold.
The Trojans also finished in fourth place earlier this year in a meet at Markham Park on September 8. Up next, JPT will race at Tradewinds Park in Coconut Creek on Tuesday, September 21, in their third race this season.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.11.15Sergio Mosquera Wins 1st Game as J.P. Taravella High School Boys Soccer Head Coach
- News2022.11.01Millennium Middle School Golf Competes in MSAA Championship
- News2022.10.18J.P. Taravella Boys Swimming Places Fourth in BCAA Championship
- News2022.10.18J.P. Taravella Athletics Recognize Seniors Before 2 Matches