By: Matt Rothman
Following their 10-8 win over South Plantation, J.P. Taravella High School’s girl’s lacrosse team is moving on in the District Tournament.
Remy Simpson had a game-high six goals while both Vicky Mann and Celina Saunders scored a pair. Priscilla Santos made 14 saves in net for JPT.
“In order to continue on through the championship is to work like a team, and they all need to give 110 percent,” said Head Coach Megan Letizia. “Tomorrow potentially being our last game of the season, there is no reason not to give it all we have.”
The win is their ninth of the season and second win this year against South Plantation. The Trojans defeated them 8-3 on March 8 in the midst of their six-game winning streak.
JPT will next be in action on Wednesday, April 14 at 6 p.m. in the second round of the District tournament against St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent