By Jim Donnelly
Over the next two weeks, The Broward Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies are providing support to the Department of Defense for a joint training operation.
“It’s important for the public to know there’s no threat to our area. This is routine military training that’s conducted in cities across the country. Similar training has taken place in Broward before without incident,” said Broward Sheriff’s Office Spokesperson Veda Coleman-Wright.
The purpose of the exercise is to provide the DOD with realistic sites for preparedness training. This routine training has been conducted by military personnel in cities across the country.
Coleman-Wright assured residents there is nothing to fear or be concerned about.
“Like previous years, the sites have been carefully selected to minimize the impact on the daily routine of residents and visitors. Each training site will be secured to ensure the safety of the general public and the participants. If any members of the public learn of the training locations, we ask the public to remain clear of these areas while training is conducted.”
The training will take place beginning January 10 at different locations throughout the county.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Woman Selling Item on NextDoor Robbed At Gun Point
- NewsNovember 24, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: German Shepard Attacks Man and his Dog
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: $20K Stolen From Victim’s Vehicle
- NewsNovember 10, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Ceramic Statues Stolen in Neighborhood