By Agrippina Fadel
Lance Lipinsky and The Lovers are bringing their “Shake Baby Shake” tribute show to the Kings Point Palace.
Held on Saturday, January 28, at 8 p.m., the show is $20 for residents and $25 for guests, with tickets available at the Palace box office before the event and on the night of the concert.
The original cast member of the Tony Award-winning musical Million Dollar Quartet, Lipinsky performs all the big hits of the 1950s and 60s, including the favorites from Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Ricky Nelson, and the Everly Brothers.
The retrospective show is a half concert and half history lesson. The band tells the stories behind the music as the audience is encouraged to dance and request songs in an interactive concert atmosphere. The Lovers recreate the authentic sound of early Rock & Roll with classical guitar, baritone sax, stand-up bass, and a piano.
The show also features the “Lovettes,” a trio honoring the girl groups and major female artists of the era, including the McGuire Sisters, Chordettes, Lavern Baker, Connie Francis, Ronettes, Shangri-Las, the Supremes, and Etta James. The band was recently featured on the hit PBS Doo Wop Generations special.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Ticket Alert: Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Tribute Show Coming to Kings Point Palace
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023High Schoolers Offered 100 Service Hours for Fostering Dogs from Broward County Animal Care
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Lauderhill Police Hold Next ‘Coffee with a Cop’ October 12
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Tamarac Offers Free Certification Course for HOA Board Members