By Agrippina Fadel
Get your blankets and lawn chairs ready: Movies in the Park and Groove on the Grass are coming back this spring.
The city brings back the free concerts on the lawn of the Tamarac Sports Complex for three Friday shows on March 3, April 21, and May 5, with artists to be announced later. The concerts feature live music from local bands and plenty of on-site food trucks to make the night a dinner and a show.
The movies are shown on the big screen, and pre-movie activities include face painting, inflatable rides for the kids, and music and food from the food trucks for the parents. The guests can get free bags of popcorn while supplies last.
The movies and concerts are hosted at Tamarac Sports Complex, located at 9901 NW 77th St. The concerts are held from 7 to 9 p.m. On movie nights, pre-movie activities begin at 6:30 p.m., and the show starts promptly at 8 p.m.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Unleash the Fun at the Tamarac Pet Expo With Dog Parade, Food Trucks, and More
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Relive the Magic of John Denver with the ‘Back Home Again’ Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day