By: Sharon Aron Baron
Runners who enjoy being dusted with rainbow colors can register now for JP Taravella High School Color Run being held on March 8.
Since the first event in the U.S. in 2012, the Color Run has become a worldwide phenomenon and has been held in cities in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Lisa Callahan, organizer and parent of a senior at JP Taravella said that the proceeds benefit the JP Taravella Band program.
“Non toxic colors are thrown at you while you run.” She explained that the colors are in powder form and are safe and encourages people to bring strollers and kids.
“Each person registered gets a white t-shirt, sunglasses and their own bag of color to throw at others,” she said.
Local companies have lent a hand to the event like Sweet Tomatoes and Bagels and a Whole Lot More from Coral Springs providing muffins and bagels and Dairy Queen in Tamarac providing ice. Also, BJ’s Wholesale Club and Walmart both donated gift cards to purchase items.
The “Fun Run” will be held on Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:00 a.m. at JP Taravella High School. The course is on the school’s closed campus and which will allow children to run independently.
Register now at: JPT Color Run. All proceeds benefit the JPT Band.
10600 Riverside Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071
Band Room Office: 754-322-2359
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes