By Sharon Aron Baron
J.P. Taravella High School student Anahi Corvera thought she was heading for Sunday brunch with her family, but they had other plans.
The 16-year-old Tamarac resident, who has kidney disease and is recovering from a transplant, was surprised with a dream shopping spree made possible by Make-A-Wish Southern Florida.
Her wish come true last fall, first with an online shopping spree, followed by a surprise visit to Tory Burch in the Miami Design District.
With a store open for herself and her family, Anahi received a VIP experience. She created her own fashion look, selecting purses, boots, sandals, jewelry, wallets, and more.
“This experience has been the best,” said Anahi. “I feel just like a new person in a different world. This is like something you can never experience again.”
Due to her condition and COVID-19, Anahi and her family have been mostly isolated, so this was a welcome surprise outing thanks to Make-A-Wish.
“Sometimes I feel like I want to give up, but thanks to my mom, she helped me through it — she helped me push, ” said Anahi.
Since 1983, Make-A-Wish Southern Florida has granted more than 12,000 life-changing wishes for children who have critical illnesses. It aims to grant a wish for every medically-eligible child in the area it covers.
Her mother Norma said the day has been so special for her daughter, who has been going through so much.
“From the bottom of my heart, me and my family want to thank Make-A-Wish. We want to thank all the people who donate to this foundation and make kids happy.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County