By Ryan Yousefi
A man was arrested and charged with aggravated battery of a pregnant victim after beating her with a bouquet of roses in a drunken rage.
Mark Andrew Dodd, 34, Boynton Beach, was arrested and charged with domestic battery of a pregnant victim after the Broward Sherrif’s Office received a report of a domestic disturbance.
According to the arrest report, on February 1, the Broward Sheriff’s Office responded to a domestic disturbance at the 5800 block of West Commercial Drive in Tamarac.
Upon arrival, deputies encountered a woman alleging to be four months pregnant and the victim of domestic battery who told them Dodd, the suspected assailant, had been drinking all day while she was asleep and became irrationally upset while she remained sleeping.
The victim stated the assault began once Dodd awoke her and began arguing with her, and escalated to the point where Dodd pushed her three times towards a wall and repeatedly smacked her on the head with a bouquet of roses.
During an interview with deputies, Dodd admitted to being intoxicated and that there was a verbal altercation with the victim but denied a physical altercation took place.
After further interviews and an investigation, deputies determined Dodd was the aggressor in a domestic assault.
Deputies arrested Dodd and transported him to the Broward County Main Jail, where he is being held pending a hearing.
According to arrest records, Dodd has been ordered not to contact the victim. He must submit to a substance abuse evaluation and follow any treatment recommendations within 30 days of his release.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2023.03.13Lotion Looters Land in Jail after Stealing 70 bottles from Walgreens
- News2023.03.03Sisterly Love Gone Wrong: Woman Charged with Aggravated Battery for Allegedly Stabbing Brother Over Borrowed Clothes
- News2023.02.24Tamarac Man Arrested For Battery and Child Abuse, Claims Antisemitism
- News2023.02.20J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 25