By Kevin Deutsch
Detectives arrested a man for stabbing a victim to death in Tamarac Tuesday, authorities said.
The stabbing happened in the 6300 block of Landings Way on Tuesday, leading someone to call 911 and report the incident around 3:50 p.m.
BSO Tamarac deputies and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the crime scene, where they found an adult male suffering from stab wounds, according to BSO. The victim was airlifted to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries and later died.
Deputies said they took Whyte into custody at the scene.
He was brought to the BSO Public Safety Building in Fort Lauderdale, where homicide detectives interviewed him, according to the agency.
“Using a variety of investigative methods,” detectives determined he was responsible for the killing, according to a statement issued by BSO.
Whyte was taken to the Broward County Main Jail, where he was held without bond Wednesday.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.09.24Man Arrested For Armed Kidnapping of Taxi Driver in North Lauderdale
- News2022.09.23Detectives Search For Video Voyeur in North Lauderdale
- News2022.09.20Tamarac Crime Update: $76K Armed Robbery and Car Burglaries
- News2022.09.18Broward Schools Seek Applicants Amid Nationwide Worker Shortage