By Agrippina Fadel
A new restaurant in North Lauderdale offers much more than finger-licking good wings.
KC’s Wing House & Sports Lounge hopes to become the neighborhood hangout spot, with pool tables, entertainment, and a diverse menu.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony is held on Thursday, August 18, from 5 to 7 p.m., with cocktails, karaoke, and light hors d’oeuvres.
Peter Mason, Executive Director of the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, said the chamber encourages residents to support local businesses and hopes to see a big turnout at the ceremony.
“It is nice to see a new business open at the front of the Super Walmart. We wish KC’s Wings all the best,” he said.
The 7500-square feet restaurant opened in April and quickly amassed a loyal following of local diners. Owner Kevin Campbell said the Jerk Chicken Pasta is a big seller, with Philly Cheesesteak coming in as the close second.
The menu combines traditional American and Jamaican cuisines, with conch, oxtail, and jerk pork dishes mixed with loaded potato skins, steamed snapper, and New York Strip Steak.
“Our wings are exceptional, well-seasoned with Jamaican spices, and marinated for 24 hours. We have over a dozen flavors, and our customers are already saying that KC’s has “the best wings in town,” Campbell added.
He said the joint seats 200 people and is a great place for community events and parties: “We have two pool tables, shuffleboard and darts, and a full bar. The entertainment includes karaoke on some nights, live music, and a DJ.”
Campbell owns another KC’s Wings in Glenwood Springs, CO, and says opening a restaurant in North Lauderdale has been a challenging but exciting experience.
“There are not a lot of places in the area that have this welcoming atmosphere that entices people to stick around, hang out with their friends and family. There are a lot of spots that do the most business with take-out,” he said.
Campbell hopes KC’s Wings can be that spot for the locals, with a big parking lot, generous happy hour, good food, and excellent service.
KC’s Wing House & Sports Lounge, located at 7700 W McNab Rd, North Lauderdale, is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday to Sunday.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.01.31City Commission Postpones Federal Aid to Tamarac Homeless, Domestic Violence Victims, and Rent-Stressed Residents
- News2023.01.31Culver’s Announces Tentative Opening Date in Tamarac
- News2023.01.30Ticket Alert: Comedian Sarge Brings His Hilarious Show to Tamarac
- News2023.01.29Registration is Open for Tamarac Spring Break Camp