By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Lauderdale Lakes man was sentenced to nine years in prison, followed by three years of supervised release for illegally possessing stolen firearms that later ended up in the hands of alleged international firearms traffickers.
On Friday, a federal district judge sentenced prior felon Jeremy Juwan Rosello, 22, to prison after officials in Lacolle, Canada seized 19 firearms and a silencer hidden inside a vehicle on September 22, 2018, that was crossing from the United States to Canada.
Two of the firearms seized in Canada, a Glock handgun and Sig Sauer handgun, along with the silencer, had been reported stolen in Broward County.
ATF, in conjunction with BSO, determined that Rosello, a convicted felon, obtained the two handguns and silencer unlawfully in Broward County and sold them, through another convicted felon, to others alleged to be engaged in firearms trafficking.
The investigation also determined that Rosello possessed several additional firearms unlawfully and was engaged in drug dealing at the time of the offense.
On July 23, 2019, Rosello pled guilty in federal court to one charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
U.S. Attorney Fajardo Orshan commended the efforts by ATF and BSO for their joint investigative and prosecutorial efforts. The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Adam C. McMichael.
This case is part of Project Guardian, the Department of Justice’s signature initiative to reduce gun violence and enforce federal firearms laws. It was initiated by the Attorney General in the fall of 2019.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments