By Sharon Aron Baron
This week, the Humane Society of Broward County has some wonderful pets to choose from. All adoptions include spaying or neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, treatment for fleas and ticks, and much more.
At just over a year old, marvelous Marvin (ID 658707) was given up because his family had no time for him after purchasing this cutie from a pet store as a baby.
Weighing nearly two pounds Marvin is on the bigger side for a Guinea pig. He might be a little shy at first, but once he gets to know you Marvin will look forward to hanging out with you and he doesn’t mind being held.
Guinea pigs make cute noises when they get excited, and Marvin may make them when he gets his favorite treat: freeze-dried strawberries.
The Humane Society of Broward County currently has several Guinea pigs and rabbits waiting to be adopted, so if you thought about adding one or two to your family, now would be a perfect time.
To meet Marvin, fill out a pre-adoption application online at www.humanebroward.com. Once completed, visit the shelter located at 2070 Griffin Road, a block west of I-95, opening daily at 11 a.m. For questions, call 954-989-3977 ext. 6.
Located at 2070 Griffin Rd, in Fort Lauderdale.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2022.09.09Pet of the Week: Marvin the Guinea Pig is Looking for a Loving Family
- News2022.07.07Dog of the Week: This Puppy Needs Her Forever Family
- News2022.06.26Dog of the Week: This Pup Was Rescued From a Hoarding Situation
- News2021.09.19Flo is an Adventurous Little Puppy Looking for Her Forever Family