A man who orchestrated a murder on Interstate 95 “pocket dialed” 911 just before the fatal shooting. On a recorded line, Scott Simon, 25, of Pompano Beach can be heard telling someone else that he’s going to follow the victim home and kill him. Minutes later, 33-year-old Nicholas Walker of Lauderhill was shot and killed while driving his car onto the highway.
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives arrested Simon Tuesday night. He is charged with first-degree murder for his involvement in the May 5 shooting. Detectives do not believe Simon was the triggerman but that he coordinated the shooting after getting into an argument with Walker in a nearby Waffle House.
When deputies arrived at the scene shortly after 6:40 a.m., they found Walker’s silver Buick crashed into a guard rail. Deputies and Oakland Park Fire Rescue extinguished a fire in the engine compartment, but Walker had already died of gunshot wounds. The investigation prompted a three-hour closure of all southbound lanes of I-95.
Detectives are asking for the public’s help identifying two other suspects. They have released surveillance video of another man they believe to be involved. That suspect and a third man were in a black 2012 Buick GS in the early-morning hours of May 5. They are asking anyone who may have seen those two men to call Det. Bryan Tutler at (954) 321-4281 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.11.23Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.11.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Gets Teed Up For 2022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament
- News2022.11.21Postal Worker Robbed at Gunpoint in Tamarac
- News2022.11.18On Your Marks, Get Set … Walk or Run! Tamarac Turkey Trot holds 41st Annual Event on Thanksgiving