By Selene Raj
Covid-19 has impacted nearly every area of life for residents. Tamarac has been working to address that impact through various assistance programs, funds, and grants—including repair grants, rental assistance, and utility payments.
Most recently, they are also hoping to address another problem: residents impacted financially who can no longer afford mobile devices and subscriptions.
Through a partnership with T-Mobile, the Connectivity and Technology for Employment Support will provide connectivity technology for residents who qualify.
The goal is to help residents search for jobs and employment opportunities by ensuring that not having a cell phone isn’t a barrier.
Recipients of the program will receive mobile devices and connections through T-Mobile for two years.
Applications will be available beginning Tuesday, October 13, and must be dropped off in person. They will be processed on a first-come, first-ready, first-serve basis.
To learn more, visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.10.18Registration for Tamarac Youth T-Ball League
- News2020.10.16Battery Charges Dropped for Pepper-Spraying Sergeant, Head-slamming Deputy Still on the Hook
- News2020.10.15After Tense Talks Tamarac Keeps Tax Rate Unchanged
- News2020.10.13Applications for 4th Round of Residential Assistance Applications Open