By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac has released a public statement today announcing that their parks will open once again on Mondays starting February 3.
Back in 2010, the city closed their parks, including the dog park, on Mondays, when the city was faced with a $4.7 million budget gap. They may have continued to remain closed if it weren’t for the continued pressure from Tamarac Talk speaking out at city commission meetings, writing editorials and urging citizens to call and write to their commissioners.
The statement today read:
“As part of our strategic planning process, at the beginning of each year we review programs and funding. Having now completed that we are happy to report that beginning Monday, February 3, all parks and picnic shelters in the City of Tamarac will once again be open seven days a week. Quality of life in Tamarac is critical to our residents and we’re pleased to be able to resume normal park operations. Hope to see you there soon.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament