By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac has released a public statement today announcing that their parks will open once again on Mondays starting February 3.
Back in 2010, the city closed their parks, including the dog park, on Mondays, when the city was faced with a $4.7 million budget gap. They may have continued to remain closed if it weren’t for the continued pressure from Tamarac Talk speaking out at city commission meetings, writing editorials and urging citizens to call and write to their commissioners.
The statement today read:
“As part of our strategic planning process, at the beginning of each year we review programs and funding. Having now completed that we are happy to report that beginning Monday, February 3, all parks and picnic shelters in the City of Tamarac will once again be open seven days a week. Quality of life in Tamarac is critical to our residents and we’re pleased to be able to resume normal park operations. Hope to see you there soon.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications