A man is facing a charge of animal cruelty after shooting his neighbor’s pit bull Saturday night.
According to the Broward’s Sheriff’s office, The crime was discovered after a witness called on Sunday, Jan. 26.
Through the investigation, detectives discovered Franklin Davis, 51, of Dania Beach had fired two shots at his neighbor’s 1-year-old pit bull, Diesel, sometime after 7 p.m. Diesel was struck by one of the bullets and fell to the ground. Instead of getting medical assistance or calling law enforcement, Davis loaded the dog into a vehicle and left him near a dumpster in the 2300 block of Pershing Street in Hollywood.
The dog was still breathing when Davis dumped him but eventually died.
Davis was taken into custody Jan. 27. He told investigators he shot the dog trying to protect his daughter.
Davis was booked into the BSO main jail facing charges of cruelty to animals and unlawful discharge of a firearm.
If you witness any animal abuse you’re urged to report the crime by contacting your local law enforcement office.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County