By: Carly Levy
Hundreds of residents showed up for Tamarac’s free Independence Day event, enjoying the fun and the food trucks before the spectacular fireworks event. Many just relaxed and listened to South Florida’s Heatwave Band who rocked the Sports Complex with live music.
Local families took advantage of the many activities offered by the city’s parks and recreation department including a variety of bounce houses, games, hula hoops, arts and crafts, face painting and food trucks. Heatwave entertained the crowds by performing a concert with featuring a variety of music. The night concluded with a beautifully choreographed display of fireworks that filled up the sky.
- Carly Levy was born and raised in Coral Springs. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Film and minored in theatre. Her goal is to leave a mark on the world with her writing in any way that she can.
- Events2017.09.279/11 Memorial Stair Climb Taking Place at JP Taravella High School
- Dining2017.08.13Reserve Your Space at the Free Vegan Buffet in Tamarac
- Events2017.07.19Donate School Supplies Now with Tamarac’s “Operation Backpack”
- News2017.07.13Tamarac Historical Society Inducts Honorees into Hall of Fame