Suspects arrested for possession of marijuana in a Tamarac apartment complex tried to flush their pot – down the pot.
Acting on a tip from residents of a Tamarac neighborhood, Broward Sheriff’s Office Crime Suppression Team (CST) detectives conducted a two-month investigation which culminated in the arrest of five individuals for possession with intent to sell marijuana and the recovery of several weapons.
In December, BSO’s CST in Tamarac received numerous complaints of drug sales and heavy traffic from a unit in the Palm Island Club apartment complex located off of State Road 7 behind the Sunshine Plaza.
A narcotics operation was initiated and after several weeks of surveillance and intelligence gathering, Detective Alvin Pollock Jr. and Detective Kami Floyd obtained an arrest warrant for Sean-Paul Clive Davis, 26, of Tamarac.
On Friday, February 6, CST detectives, along with BSO’s SWAT Team Fugitive Squad, took Davis into custody. Four other suspects were also arrested for felony possession of cannabis with intent to sell, grand theft, possession of drug paraphernalia, passing forged checks and resisting arrest. The suspects attempted to flush the cannabis down the toilet, adding obstruction and tampering with evidence to the list of charges.
Detectives seized two pounds of marijuana, approximately $1,500 in cash, two handguns, a shotgun and a bulletproof vest from inside the home.
The other suspects in custody are:
Daniel Burnett, 32 of Plantation
Jeremy Antonio Francis, 25, of Lauderhill
Shawn Andre Clark, male, 28, of Sunrise
Safiya Maxwell female, 27, of Plantation
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Det. Alvin Pollock Jr. at (954) 954-720-2231 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21No Serious Injuries After Single-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree