By: Sharon Aron Baron
All Tamarac Teens are invited to this year’s 2015 Teen Health Summit where they have the opportunity to start off the year by meeting other motivated young leaders and learning about important topics that affect them.
Presented by the Parks and Recreation Department, the summit will be held on Saturday, February 21, from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and teens will learn about health, attitude, stress management, and weight management.
The schedule is as follows:
9:15 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. Foundation for Health (why decisions about your health now will affect your health as an adult) – Mary Ellen Bingham MS, RD, CSSD
9:40 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. Posture – More than Attitude (about electronics and our spine) – Season Schelin, D.C.
10:05 a.m. – 10:55 a.m. Intermission, “Let’s Move: Games and Activities”, Teens will participate in relays, basketball free throw, and various games.
10:55 a.m. -11:20 a.m. Stress Management (dealing with tests and big decisions) – Elizabeth S. Ibanez, Ph.D.
11:20 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Weight Management (exercise and why it’s important along with other helpful weight mgmt. tips) – Carol Mejia, BHSF Certified Exercise Instructor (Health Professionals are presented by Baptist Health South Florida)
This event is only $10 and includes breakfast and lunch. The Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire