By Agrippina Fadel
Prepare to transport back to the world of Fiddler on the Roof at the Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac’s Purim party.
This year’s celebration is set to take place on Tuesday, March 7, at 5.30 p.m. at the Woodmont Country Club, and everyone is invited to join in the festivities.
The Purim at the Shtetl party is $60 for a family, $25 for adults, $12 for children until March 1, and $75, $30, and $15 after that. Chabad has donations and sponsorship options for those wanting to support the event.
Rabbi Kopel Silberberg said Purim is a real highlight of the year for Chabad and the Jewish community. “We always throw an amazing party with large crowds and great spirit. Every year we have a different theme, and this time, we are doing Purim in the Shtetl,” he said, adding that décor, costumes, food, and entertainment would match the theme.
The party will start with a Megilla Reading followed by the Purim Feast. The adults will enjoy the open bar, live Klezmer music, and traditional hamentashen, while the kids will have fun at the Shtetl petting zoo and Miniature Shtetl Display. This year’s craft for kids is pickle making, and the youngest guests will learn how to put together cucumbers and pickling spice for the traditional treat.
Rabbi Silberberg said Chabad is excited to host Purim in the Woodmont Country Club for the first time.
“It really is a great party and community event, and everyone is invited, no matter the affiliation,” he said, adding that one of the Purim’s customs is for people to get dressed up, which adds to the holiday spirit. It is also about looking behind the mask and seeing the goodness in every person and every situation in life.
Silberberg said Purim is a day dedicated to joy. “No matter if you are two years old or a hundred and two, everyone will have a great time and leave the party with a smile on their face.”
Woodmont Country Club is located at 7801 NW 80th Ave in Tamarac.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo