By: Sharon Aron Baron
An eagle-eyed Broward Sheriff’s Office sergeant spotted an older, white SUV Sunday driven by a woman who recently robbed employees at two businesses at gunpoint.
Lisa Sue Shope, 48, was arrested and charged with two counts of armed robbery. Detectives say she is responsible for robbing the Walgreens at 6401 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac on Aug. 15, and the Dollar Tree at 4191 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac on Aug. 17. When deputies stopped her, she was driving the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was captured by surveillance cameras at the Walgreens. The gun she used and the clothing she wore during the crime were in the Jeep.
Shope, who was seen on surveillance video wearing a red, hooded sweatshirt during the Walgreens robbery, was dubbed the “Red Riding Hood Robber.” She walked into the store around 6:44 a.m. and approached the cashier. She pointed a handgun at him, handed him a bag and demanded money from the register. The crime did not take long, and she appeared calm throughout.
She had no criminal history before the Sunday morning arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County