By: Sharon Aron Baron
An eagle-eyed Broward Sheriff’s Office sergeant spotted an older, white SUV Sunday driven by a woman who recently robbed employees at two businesses at gunpoint.
Lisa Sue Shope, 48, was arrested and charged with two counts of armed robbery. Detectives say she is responsible for robbing the Walgreens at 6401 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac on Aug. 15, and the Dollar Tree at 4191 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac on Aug. 17. When deputies stopped her, she was driving the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was captured by surveillance cameras at the Walgreens. The gun she used and the clothing she wore during the crime were in the Jeep.
Shope, who was seen on surveillance video wearing a red, hooded sweatshirt during the Walgreens robbery, was dubbed the “Red Riding Hood Robber.” She walked into the store around 6:44 a.m. and approached the cashier. She pointed a handgun at him, handed him a bag and demanded money from the register. The crime did not take long, and she appeared calm throughout.
She had no criminal history before the Sunday morning arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.04.03Florida COVID-19 Cases City by City Report for April 3
- News2020.04.03Tamarac Mayor Encourages Residents to Send Letters of Appreciation to Those on the Front Line
- News2020.04.02Tamarac Experiences Large Increase of COVID-19 Cases on April 2 City by City Report
- News2020.04.01Detective Searching for Thief Who Stole 2 Huge TV’s From Walmart