By: Sharon Aron Baron
Learn about Broward County government from an insider’s point of view by applying to be in the the next Broward County Academy class. The Academy is a community education outreach series that provides participants with a unique opportunity to learn about County government and the services it provides to enhance and promote quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors.
The 2016 Academy sessions will be held on ten consecutive Thursdays from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. beginning September 8 and concluding with graduation ceremonies on November 10. The goal of the program is to increase resident involvement in local government, improve communication with the community, inform the community on the role, structure and complexity of County government, encourage community participation in volunteer opportunities, and build potential community leaders. Classroom lectures will be combined with behind-the-scenes tours and interactive experiences.
Applicants must be age 18 or older and reside in Broward County. The 2016 class will be limited to 30 students. There is no registration fee or cost to participants. Applicants must provide their own transportation and are expected to participate in all sessions. A background check is also required for applicants selected for participation.
The deadline for applying is August 5, 2016. Tamarac residents are urged to apply.
Applications for the Broward County Academy are available here, by e-mailing BrowardAcademy@Broward.org, or by calling the Broward County Office of Public Communications at 954-357-6990.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town