By: Sharon Aron Baron
Learn about Broward County government from an insider’s point of view by applying to be in the the next Broward County Academy class. The Academy is a community education outreach series that provides participants with a unique opportunity to learn about County government and the services it provides to enhance and promote quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors.
The 2016 Academy sessions will be held on ten consecutive Thursdays from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. beginning September 8 and concluding with graduation ceremonies on November 10. The goal of the program is to increase resident involvement in local government, improve communication with the community, inform the community on the role, structure and complexity of County government, encourage community participation in volunteer opportunities, and build potential community leaders. Classroom lectures will be combined with behind-the-scenes tours and interactive experiences.
Applicants must be age 18 or older and reside in Broward County. The 2016 class will be limited to 30 students. There is no registration fee or cost to participants. Applicants must provide their own transportation and are expected to participate in all sessions. A background check is also required for applicants selected for participation.
The deadline for applying is August 5, 2016. Tamarac residents are urged to apply.
Applications for the Broward County Academy are available here, by e-mailing BrowardAcademy@Broward.org, or by calling the Broward County Office of Public Communications at 954-357-6990.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat