By: Sharon Aron Baron
Authorities are searching for what they believe is the “Filter Bandit” who robbed a Tamarac bank Thursday morning driving off in a silver Volkswagen Beetle.
Notorious for wearing a dust filter mask on his face, he entered the TD Bank branch at approximately 9 a.m. on 7001 W Commercial Blvd and implied that he had a weapon and demanded money from bank employees. There were no shots fired and no injuries. Customers were in the bank at the time of the robbery. The amount of money taken will not be released at this time.
While fleeing the bank in a silver Volkswagen Beetle, the robber was hit head on at a low rate of speed by another vehicle. After the collision, the robber got out of the car, threatened the other driver with a gun, got back into the car and left the area. There were no reported injuries to the driver of the other vehicle. As a result of the accident, the robber’s VW should have some front end damage.
The bank robber is a black male wearing a dust filter over his face and an Atlanta baseball hat. He is also wearing a gray suit. He is wanted in connection with bank robberies in Sunrise, Plantation, Coral Springs and Davie.
The FBI believes this robber may be the same individual known as the “Filter Bandit” and a reward offer remains in effect. If anyone has information as to the identity of this bank robber, they are urged to call the FBI at (754) 703-2000 or Crimestoppers.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat