By: Sharon Aron Baron
Eight candidates qualified for two commission seats in Tamarac on Friday leaving no uncontested seats. This large turnout was possibly due to the high number residents taking an interest in local government.
Elected in 2008 to District 1, City Commissioner Pam Bushnell is running for her third term. This year, she has an opponent with Tamarac resident Marlon Bolton, Senior Pastor with Praise Experience World Outreach Church, who has qualified to run against her.
Six candidates have qualified to run in District 3 which is an open seat: Terri Andretta, Melvin Leonard Dubin, Julie Fishman, James A. Franko, Gerald Heller and Joseph Harry Scimeca, Sr.
Will residents want new leadership this year, or someone who is part of the current commission? We’ll find out more about the current candidates in the next few months.
The election is on November 8, 2016.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac