By: Sharon Aron Baron
Eight candidates qualified for two commission seats in Tamarac on Friday leaving no uncontested seats. This large turnout was possibly due to the high number residents taking an interest in local government.
Elected in 2008 to District 1, City Commissioner Pam Bushnell is running for her third term. This year, she has an opponent with Tamarac resident Marlon Bolton, Senior Pastor with Praise Experience World Outreach Church, who has qualified to run against her.
Six candidates have qualified to run in District 3 which is an open seat: Terri Andretta, Melvin Leonard Dubin, Julie Fishman, James A. Franko, Gerald Heller and Joseph Harry Scimeca, Sr.
Will residents want new leadership this year, or someone who is part of the current commission? We’ll find out more about the current candidates in the next few months.
The election is on November 8, 2016.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony