By Sharon Aron Baron
A road rage incident turned deadly on Monday, leaving a 21-year-old suspect dead after a gunshot wound.
On October 5, at 12:43 p.m. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies found one adult male deceased after arriving at the Speedway gas station at 2401 W Commercial Blvd after reports of a shooting.
Homicide detectives and the crime scene unit responded, spoke to witnesses, and reviewed surveillance video. They gathered that an hour before the Tamarac shooting, the deceased man, Xavier Williams, committed an armed carjacking of a gray Mercedes-Benz in the city of Greenacres in Palm Beach County and drove to Broward County.
While heading south, Williams became involved in a road rage incident with another driver traveling in a black Infiniti Q40. The incident evolved into a verbal argument at the Speedway, where Williams threatened to rob the Infiniti driver.
An exchange of gunfire then occurred between the two individuals.
BSO detectives are investigating the circumstances around this shooting and Williams death, and the Broward State Attorney’s Office will determine if charges will be pursued.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town