By Ryan Yousefi
A Tamarac resident previously arrested for stealing Amazon packages from doorsteps has been apprehended again, this time for robbing a woman on the street.
On September 30, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call reporting a robbery near the 5000 block of State Road 7.
Upon arrival at the scene, law deputies made contact with the victim, who said she was walking southbound along the sidewalk en route to catch a city bus when a man, later identified as Bethony Dorestil, 32, of Tamarac, suddenly approached her, snatched her purse, and fled the scene, heading eastbound towards the nearby La Quinta Inn.
According to the report, as the victim spoke with the officers, she noticed the suspect jumping over a fence and positively identified him as the same man who had just robbed her.
Deputies began pursuit, and eventually, a deputy managed to catch up with Dorestil in the hallways of the Extended Stay, located at 3873 West Commercial Boulevard.
While attempting to apprehend him, the arrest report shows Dorestil broke free from the deputy’s grip and fled again.
After a second chase, deputies successfully apprehended Dorestil, placed him into a patrol unit, arrested him, and transported him to the Broward County Main Jail.
The victim’s property, including money taken during the incident, was returned and recovered.
In early September, Tamarac Talk covered the arrest of Dorestil in connection to a string of Amazon package doorstep thefts. At the time, it was revealed that of his many thefts, he had been captured on surveillance video stealing an Amazon package containing K-cup coffee valued at approximately $30.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsDecember 5, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Toy Drive Spreads Holiday Cheer
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Senior Citizen Wreaks Havoc During DMV Eye Exam, Faces Charges for Equipment Demolition