By: Sharon Aron Baron
A rollover crash left two minors dead in Tamarac Thursday morning.
Marjorie Petit Frere, 16, of North Lauderdale and Valerie Petit Frere, 13, of North Lauderdale, lost their lives in the collision that took place at 4:31 a.m.
Along with two other youths, they were in a silver Toyota Corolla traveling southbound on Rock Island Road when they entered into the path of a 1996 gray Ford F150 traveling eastbound on West Commercial Boulevard.
The Ford truck, occupied by Roosevelt Nelson, 68, of Lauderhill, collided with the silver vehicle, T-boning the car on the passenger side.
One of the youths was pronounced deceased on the scene.
Tamarac Fire Rescue transported the three remaining occupants from the Toyota to Broward Health Medical Center to be treated for their injuries, and while en route to the hospital, another passenger from the vehicle was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Ford was not transported and remained on the scene.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac
- NewsSeptember 12, 2023Lucky Lauderhill Lady Wins $1 Million Florida Lottery Scratch-off Prize