By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac residents are invited to participate in Operation S.A.F.E., Be Scam Smart, a free workshop for seniors, their families, and caregivers.
Broward Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services are hosting “Operation SAFE-Stop Adult Financial Exploitation” on June 17th at the Tamarac Community Center. The “Be Scam Smart”workshops are open to seniors, their family and caregivers to help inform, empower, and protect Florida’s seniors from financial scams and fraud.
They will learn:
- The Psychology of a Scam
- How to Spot Fraudulent Behavior
- Common Scams that Target Seniors
- How to Fight Identity Theft
The workshop will be held on, Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center located at 8601 W. Commercial Boulevard Tamarac, FL. 33351
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup