By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac residents are invited to participate in Operation S.A.F.E., Be Scam Smart, a free workshop for seniors, their families, and caregivers.
Broward Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services are hosting “Operation SAFE-Stop Adult Financial Exploitation” on June 17th at the Tamarac Community Center. The “Be Scam Smart”workshops are open to seniors, their family and caregivers to help inform, empower, and protect Florida’s seniors from financial scams and fraud.
They will learn:
- The Psychology of a Scam
- How to Spot Fraudulent Behavior
- Common Scams that Target Seniors
- How to Fight Identity Theft
The workshop will be held on, Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center located at 8601 W. Commercial Boulevard Tamarac, FL. 33351
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.11.23Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.11.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Gets Teed Up For 2022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament
- News2022.11.21Postal Worker Robbed at Gunpoint in Tamarac
- News2022.11.18On Your Marks, Get Set … Walk or Run! Tamarac Turkey Trot holds 41st Annual Event on Thanksgiving