By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and medications because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet prescription drug take back event this weekend in Tamarac. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed.
Residents that turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
The Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information will be accepted. The service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person.
Documents destroyed in BSO’s Shred-A-Thon events are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well, so get there early, as this is one of the most popular Shred-A-Thon’s in Broward County.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
King’s Point Tamarac
7620 Nob Hill Road
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton