By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and medications because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet prescription drug take back event this weekend in Tamarac. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed.
Residents that turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
The Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information will be accepted. The service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person.
Documents destroyed in BSO’s Shred-A-Thon events are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well, so get there early, as this is one of the most popular Shred-A-Thon’s in Broward County.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
King’s Point Tamarac
7620 Nob Hill Road
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat