By: Chris Brunner
Several organizations are bringing awareness of the atrocities that occurred during the Holocaust and want to make sure others never forget during their fourth annual Six Million Steps to Holocaust Awareness Walk in Coral Springs.
Held on Sunday, March 18, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., six million steps in the memory of the six million who perished in the Holocaust will also take place simultaneously in Nesher, Israel. Donations collected will be donated to the Broward County March of the Living, a program where teens from around the world come together each year and bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland and then travel to Israel. This trip provides a hands-on experience to Holocaust education and liberation in Israel.
The Walk is hosted by Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek of Tamarac, Temple Beth Am of Margate, the Jewish Federation of Broward County, Orloff Central Agency for Jewish Education and The Jewish Agency for Israel.
Registration and payment can be made online at Six Million Steps to Holocaust Awareness 2018 or on the day of the event. The event is open to all residents and will be held at the Sportsplex Track at Coral Glades High School, 2700 Sportsplex Drive inCoral Springs.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 beginning back in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- NewsSeptember 25, 2019Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs
- Crime & SafetyJuly 3, 2019State Attorney Charges Deputies After Tamarac Takedown
- EventsJune 28, 2019Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Stars & Stripes’
- EventsJune 10, 2019Register Now for the 4th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament