By: Sharon Aron Baron
In celebration of its diverse community, the City of Tamarac has created an event called ‘One Tamarac’ which will reflect the many faces and voices within the city.
Held on March 10, the free event will start with a Junkanoo parade and end with a live concert by Dr. Ed Calle and his band, Mamblue. Calle is a Latin Grammy Award Winner for Best Instrumental Album and is a five time Grammy nominee. Throughout his legendary career, Calle has become one of the most recorded saxophonists in history appearing on more than 1,200 albums, almost 9,000 singles, and countless television and movie soundtracks with artists ranging from Frank Sinatra and Celia Cruz to Sylvester Stallone and Andy Garcia.
Throughout the day-long event, there will be performances on two stages featuring: Ashanti Cultural Arts, T-Wave Caribbean Band, the South Florida Gay Men’s Chorus, the Millennium Collegiate Academy Steppers and Almalfi’s Dance Studio.
In the cultural area, there will be a variety of tents representing groups like the AH-TAH-THI-KI Seminole Museum, the Bahai Community, the United Methodist Church, the LGBT community and a number of other community organizations.
After the concert, the evening will close with a fireworks display.
Admission is free and all the performances are free. There will be food trucks selling a variety of food and ice cream.
One Tamarac will be held on Saturday, March 10, from 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. at the Tamarac Sports Complex 9901 NW 77th Street. Map it.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies