Suspects seen buying items at Foot Locker with victim’s stolen credit card
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives need your help identifying the men who robbed a victim by force at a Tamarac ATM.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office, the robbery occurred the afternoon of January 4 near 3833 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac at approximately 12:40 p.m. The victim parked his car at the north end of the Bank of America parking lot and walked over to the ATM and when he got back to his car, an unidentified man demanded his property. The victim and the man struggled for a moment but the robber was able to get away with the victim’s cellphone and several bank cards.
Later that same day, the two men used the stolen cards at the Foot Locker at 3650 West Broward Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale. They made two transactions totaling more than $900.
The thieves tried to use the victim’s credit cards at 2:32 p.m at J & L Liquors at 3875 N.W. 19th Street in Lauderdale Lakes, but the card was declined.
The robber is a male in his mid-thirties with dark short hair and a mustache. He is approximately 6 feet tall with a medium build and tattoos on both his hands and forearms. He wore a tank top, bright orange shorts and bright orange sneakers.
The accomplice is shorter and stockier with a dark beard and dark hair styled in twists. He wore a dark T-shirt and white or light-colored shorts.
Anyone with information can contact BSO Det. Mark Copley at 954-321-4738. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County