By Kevin Deutsch
Andrew Koenig has been named CEO of Tamarac-based home furnishings retailer City Furniture.
Son of co-Founder Keith Koenig, Andrew Koenig announced the move on his LinkedIn page, saying he was “humbled” by his selection for the company’s top leadership role. He succeeds his father, who will remain chairman.
“I had always dreamed of one day having the opportunity to lead this amazing organization the same way my uncle and father, Kevin and Keith, did over the years,” wrote Andrew Koenig, who became president of City Furniture three years ago. “I am excited to keep this (now second generation) family business moving in the right direction for the many years to come.”
The retailer, which began as Waterbed City in 1971, operates City Furniture and Ashley Furniture stores across the state, generating over $530 million in estimated sales.
In his post, Koenig thanked his family for their support.
“I want to give a special shout out to my mom and dad,” he wrote. “They’ve done so much to teach me how to be a good human being by learning how to love, care and take care of people. My dad has been an incredible father and mentor, and role model. Grateful that he has put his faith in me for this amazing opportunity. Means the world to me.”
City Furniture is among the region’s largest employers.
“What a way to start the new year off strong!” Koenig said. “So excited for the future and where we are going. I promise to work my butt off for our amazing City family and keep this legacy going for the next 50 years.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.23Man Strangled, Smashed Girlfriend Over Head With Acoustic Drum
- News2022.01.22Tamarac Crime Update: $17,700 in Cash Stolen From Safe, Replaced With Fake Money
- News2022.01.19Free N95 Masks Being Shipped to Locations Starting Next Week
- News2022.01.18White House To Offer Free COVID Tests Starting Wednesday