By Selene Raj
City Furniture, the Tamarac-based furniture retailer, plans to hire more than 500 employees by the end of the year.
The CEO, Andrew Koenig, said that the company benefited from more families staying at home during the pandemic, and now have a demand high enough to necessitate an increase in hiring.
“By making their online or in-store shopping process fast, easy, and safe, with great values, we’re on track for our highest-ever annual sales in our company’s history,” said Koenig.
The most intense demand, he said, is for upgrading family living rooms, establishing home offices, and creating comfortable outdoor living areas.
The majority of new jobs will be in South Florida—there are approximately 200 openings in sales, 250 in warehouse, delivery, and customer care. There are also 50 corporate positions available that include IT and eCommerce.
Koenig said the company has found that many applicants with sales experience in retail, hospitality, automotive, real estate, and restaurant industries have made a smooth transition in sales for CITY furniture.
First-year sales associate average $60,000 to $100,000 in combined base pay and commission, according to Koenig.
He added the company is in great need of filling delivery driver positions, and that drivers receive extensive training but do not need a commercial driver’s license. Average first-year earnings are between $50,000 to $70,000.
Due to Covid-19, much of the hiring process is now being done remotely as the company has implemented virtual hiring events and interviews.
For more information visit their City Furniture.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. She's completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.09.27Tamarac Talk Interviews Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.25Tamarac Talk Interviews Candidates for City Commission District 3
- News2020.09.22Feeding South Florida Food Distributions Continue in Tamarac and Nearby Cities
- News2020.09.22Drive-Thru Halloween Haunt Provides Safer Option for Tamarac Holiday Celebrations