By Agrippina Fadel
A Tamarac-based art shop and custom picture framer is one of the three South Florida companies honored with a COVID-relief grant by the Miami Marlins and CITY Furniture’s Small Business Venture Program.
Heritage Art Galleries & Framing at 3811 NW 49th Street in Tamarac was chosen after hundreds of small businesses applied.
CITY Furniture gave each of the three winners a $2,500 COVID-relief grant; advertised their names behind home plate for four games in September, and participated in an in-game interview on the Marlins Radio Network.
Owners Linda and Ian Jerrell said winning the program was an honor for them.
“The whole experience has been amazingly fun for us. It gave us a level of advertisement that we would not be able to get to on our own, being a small business. Having our name displayed during the Marlins games exposed us to potential new clients,” said Linda.
Linda explained that the pandemic affected the business where she, her husband, and her father work. The store had to close for a while since it was not considered an essential business.
“This is our bread and butter; we are family-owned and operated since 1982. The past year has been tough for us. We changed a few things in the store and expanded the products and services we offer online. Our business is still affected by worldwide shipping issues and supply and demand problems,” Linda added.
There was a positive side to the lockdown: people turned to DIY projects, home organizing, and equipping home offices, said the couple. This new demand had brought some business into the store and helped get it through the challenging times.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.02.08Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Holds After-Hours Mixer Feb. 16
- News2023.02.08Hot Rods, Robocars, and Rock N’ Roll: Don’t Miss the Annual Car Show and Concert
- News2023.02.07Ticket Alert: Frankie Valli and Four Seasons Tribute Band Plays at the Kings Point Palace
- News2023.02.07Captain Michael Boyhan Named Tamarac Firefighter of the Year