By: Sharon Aron Baron
Don’t miss celebrating Independence Day in Tamarac where the City will be hosting two exciting events the whole family will enjoy.
The Patriotic Splash Swim Party
First up is the The Patriotic Splash Swim Party starting at noon Tuesday July 4, at the Caporella Aquatic Center where residents can cool off while enjoying a live DJ, prizes, games and more throughout the day. Children (17 and under) are $3.50 and adults are $4.00. The Caporella Aquatic Center is located at 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321.
Independence Day Celebration
Starting at 6 p.m. at the Sports Complex, the Tamarac Independence Day Celebration features a free outdoor concert with “Heatwave” who performs swing, rock, salsa, hip hop, funk and today’s hottest hits. As a sizzling 10-piece band, Heatwave has swept the scene in South Florida.
There will also be an entertainment area with rides, arts & crafts and games to keep the children busy as well as on-site food trucks.
Don’t forget to stop by the VIP tent and say hello to your mayor and your city commissioners. It’s up close to the band.
So bring your blankets and lawn chairs to relax or dance the night away because the night’s not over until after the firework display kicks off at 9 p.m.
Parking is limited, so if you don’t want to get tied up in traffic, take advantage of the free shuttle from Tamarac City Hall at 7525 NW 88th Ave or the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Sports Complex is located at 9901 NW 77th Street Tamarac FL 333121.
Last year’s Independence Day Celebration here:
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27