By Agrippina Fadel
Tickets are going fast for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce’s highly anticipated “Women in Pink” luncheon, with over half sold.
The luncheon honors Breast Cancer Awareness Month and celebrates and empowers women in business.
Lori Alhadeff, School Board Member for District 4 and Chair of the Broward County School Board, is the keynote speaker, said she is honored to join the event geared toward women uplifting each other.
“Whether in business or in life, we all face challenges. How we face those challenges and find ways to persevere gives us strength and purpose and helps us grow as individuals and as a community,” Alhadeff added.
Mayor Michelle Gomez will share her journey as a cancer survivor and woman in politics. At the same time, stand-up comedian Cindy-Ann Boisson will bring her humor and wit to encourage laughter and camaraderie among the guests.
“Women in Pink is about belonging and being inspired. This is the event that brings people and businesses together,” said Peter Mason, President of Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce.
Tanya Ragbeer, the Chamber’s chair and representative of PuroClean, the event’s title sponsor, said all attendees are encouraged to wear pink, symbolizing unity and empowerment.
“This event celebrates the incredible contributions of women to our community and economy,” she added.
If purchased before September 18, the tickets are $20 for members and $25 for non-members of the Chamber, and the price goes up by $5 after. Guests can also get a table of eight, with prices ranging from $160 to $240 and early bird pricing available. The Chamber offers Silver, Gold, and Title Sponsorship, ranging from $500 to $2,500. Learn more and register early here.
Held on Wednesday, October 18, from 11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center Ballroom.
Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 West Commercial Blvd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo