By: Sharon Aron Baron
Officials with the City of Tamarac announce the cancellation of public special events and city activities as a result of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
City officials announced their decision Friday.
“Our highest priority is the health and well-being of the community. While the city remains open for business, we are following recommendations from the State Director of Emergency Management and postponing or canceling a number of events and activities.”
Effective immediately, unless otherwise noted, the following activities and events are canceled or postponed.
- All magistrate hearings for red light camera, code and building cases (postponed until further notice)
- All senior program activities, effective Monday, March 16 (canceled)
- Youth soccer closing ceremonies and championship games on Saturday, March 14 (canceled)
- Youth basketball and baseball programs (postponed until further notice)
- Fitness classes, effective Monday, March 16 (canceled)
- Adult open gym, starting Sunday, March 15 (canceled)
- Tamarac University (postponed until further notice)
- Adult co-ed softball, effective Saturday, March 14 (postponed until further notice)
- Adult men’s basketball (postponed until further notice)
- Public Art Committee meeting (postponed until further notice)
- Savor the Flavor TAMARAC (postponed until further notice)
- Waters Edge Park Grand Opening on Sunday, March 29 (postponed until further notice)
- March 20: Concert in the Park (canceled)
- March 21: Garage Sale (canceled)
- March 28: Wet & Wild Egg Splash (canceled)
- April 3: Movie in the Park (canceled)
- April 4: Springfest (canceled)
Important information here:
Florida Department of Health: floridahealth.gov
Broward County: broward.org/Pages/coronavirus
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.